和猫熊哥一起精读美剧《老友记》台词快速掌握地道美式英语口语-6
和猫熊哥一起精读美剧《老友记》台词快速掌握地道美式英语口语-6
猫熊哥这儿有美剧《老友记》全部共10季,每季平均18-25集,每集22分钟的MP4高清晰电视剧数据包,并带有英语字幕,WORD格式的全集中英文对照台词,还有学习笔记,供大家精读学习,这是猫熊哥学问英文的秘籍。不是免费的!!
有需要者加猫熊哥微信号内N7029DAVIDXUE,《老友记》电视剧和台词全部
Commercial Break
[Scene: Central Park, everyone's there.]
Joey: Your folks are really that bad, huh?
你的状况真的很糟糕吗?
Ross: Well,y'know, these people are pros. They know what they're doing, they take their time, they get the job done.
你要知道这些人十分专业,他们会躲在那里,再来个突然袭击
Monica: Boy, I know they say you can't change your parents,... boy, if you could- (To Ross) -I'd want yours.
常言道:父母是无法交换的,如果可以,我要你的父母
Ross: Must pee.(Goes to pee.)
我要去尿尿了
Phoebe: Y'know, it's even worse when you're twins.
如果你是双胞胎,情况会更惨
Rachel: You're twins?
你是双胞胎?
Phoebe: Yeah. We don't speak. She's like this high-powered, driven career type.
对,我们不往来。她是一心追求事业的人
Chandler: What does she do?
她从事什么工作?
Phoebe: She's a waitress.
服务生
Rachel: All right,you guys, I kinda gotta clean up now. (They all start to leave.)
各位,我得打扫了
Monica: Chandler, you're an only child,right? You don't have any of this.
钱德,你是独子?你没有这些困扰?
Chandler: Well, no,although I did have an imaginary friend, who... my parents actually preferred.
没有。尽管我有个想像中的朋友,而我爸妈比较喜欢他
Rachel: The lights,please..
帮我关灯
(Joey turns off the lights, and they all leave as Rachel starts to clean up. Ross enters from the bathroom.)
Ross: ...How long was I in there?
我在里面多久了?
Rachel: I'm just cleaning up.
我刚要打扫了
Ross: D'ya.. uh.. Do you need any help?
需要帮忙吗?
Rachel: Uh.. okay,sure! Thanks! (She hands him the broom 扫帚 and sits down.)
好呀,谢了
Ross: Anyway..um.. (Starts to sweep.) So, you- uh- you nervous about Barry tomorrow?
明天要见巴瑞,紧张吗?
Rachel: Oh.. a little..
有一点
Ross: Mm-hmm..
Rachel: A lot.
很紧张
Ross: Mm.
Rachel: So, got any advice? Y'know, as someone who's recently been- dumped?
有任何建言吗?就一个最近刚被甩的人而言,
Ross: Well, you may wanna steer clear of the word 'dumped'. Chances are he's gonna be this,this broken shell of a man, y'know, so you should try not to look too terrific, I know it'll be hard. Or, y'know, uh, hey!, I'll go down there, and I'll give Barry back his ring, and you can go with Carol and Susan to the OB/GYN...
你应该避免用”甩”这个字眼,现在他可能痛不欲生,因此你不该显得艳光照人.我知道这一点很难做到.这样吧,我拿戒指还巴瑞,你陪卡萝及苏珊去做检查
Rachel: Oh, you've got Carol tomorrow.. When did it get so complicated?
你明天得见卡萝,此事何时变得这么复杂?
Ross: Got me.
你可问倒我了
Rachel: Remember when we were in high school together?
还记得我们在高中时代吗?
Ross: Yeah.
记得
Rachel: I mean,didn't you think you were just gonna meet somone, fall in love- and that'd be it? (Ross gazes at her.) ..Ross?
你没想过自己会遇见心上人,谈恋爱,然后厮守终生吗?罗斯?
Ross: Yes, yes!
什么事?
Rachel: Oh! Man, I never thought I'd be here.. (She leans 斜靠back onto his hand.)
没想到自己会沦落到这个地步
Ross: Me either...(He pulls up a stool凳子 so that he doesn't have to move his hand.)
我也是
[Scene: Carol's OB/GYN,Carol is waiting.]
Ross: (entering)Sorry I'm late, I was stuck at work. There was this big dinosaur.. thing..anyway.
抱歉,我迟到了,我忙得无法脱身恐龙之类的事
(Susan enters holding a drink.)
Susan: Hi.
嗨
Carol: Ross, you remember Susan.
罗斯,记得苏珊吗?
Ross: How could I forget?
我怎能忘得了?
Susan: Ross.
罗斯
Ross: (they shake hands) Hello, Susan. (To Carol) Good shake. Good shake. So, uh, we're just waiting for...?
苏珊,你好,她的手好有力,那么我们在等…
Carol: Dr. Oberman.
欧伯曼大夫
Ross: ..Dr.Oberman. Okay. And is he-
欧伯曼大夫他,
Susan: She.
她
Ross: -she, ofcourse, she- uh- familiar with our.. special situation?
她了解我们的特殊状况?
Carol: Yes, and she's very supportive.
了解,而且她非常支持
Ross: Okay, that's great. (Susan gives her drink to Carol.) No, I'm- Oh.
这太好了,不,我只是.
Carol: Thanks.
谢了
Ross: (picks up a surgical instrament and mimes模仿 a duck with it) Quack, quack..
Carol: Ross? That opens my cervix. (He drops it in horror.)
罗斯,那是用来打开我的子宫颈的
[Scene Barry's office, Barry is working on patient, Robbie, as Rachel enters.]
Rachel: Barry?
巴瑞
Barry: Come in.
进来
Rachel: (hesitates)Are you sure?
没问题?
Barry: Yeah! It's fine, it's fine. Robbie's gonna be here for hours.
没问题,罗比得待在这儿好几个小时
Robbie: Huh?!
Barry: So, how ya doin?
最近好吗?
Rachel: I'm- uh- I'm okay... You look great!
你的气色好极了
Barry: Yeah, well..
Bernice: (over intercom) Dr. Farber, Jason Greenstein's gagging.
法大夫,杰森嘴堵了
Barry: (answering the intercom) Be right there. (To Robbie and Rachel) Be back in a sec.
马上到 我马上回来
(As Barry exits Robbie stares at Rachel.)
Rachel: I dumped him.
我甩了他
Robbie: Okay.
哦.
[Scene: Carol's OB/GYN, they're talking about how this is going to work.]
Ross: So, um- so how's this, uh, how's this gonna work? Y'know, with us? Y'know, when, like,important decisions have to be made?
我们该如何处理此事?比方说某些重大的决定
Carol: Give me a 'for instance'.
比如?
Ross: Well, uh,uh, I don't know, okay, okay, how about with the, uh, with the baby's name?
比方说孩子的名字
Carol: Marlon-
马龙
Ross: Marlon?!
马龙
Carol: -if it's a boy, Minnie if it's a girl.
如果是个男孩叫马龙,如果是个女孩就叫米妮
Ross: ...As in Mouse?
和米奇的女友同名?
Carol: As in my grandmother.
和我奶奶同名
Ross: Still, you-you say Minnie, you hear Mouse. Um, how about, um.. how about Julia?
不管怎样,听到这个还是想到老鼠.朱莉亚如何?
Carol: Julia..
朱莉亚?
Susan: We agreed on Minnie.
我们决定用米妮
Ross: 'S'funny,um, uh, we agreed we'd spend the rest of our lives together. Things change, roll with the punches. I believe Julia's on the table..?
真幽默我们曾决定共同生活一辈子,世事难料,兵来将挡.茱莉亚,就这么决定
[Scene: Barry's office,Rachel is doing her makeup in the mirror on Barry's lamp as Barry enters.]
Barry: Sorry about that. So. What have you been up to?
抱歉,近来可好?
Rachel: Oh, not much. I-I got a job.
混得过去,我刚找到工作
Barry: Oh, that's great.
这太好了
Rachel: Why are- why are you so tanned?
你为何晒得这么黑?
Barry: Oh, I, uh- I went to Aruba.
我到阿鲁巴了
Rachel: Oh no. You went on our honeymoon alone?
你自己一个去渡蜜月?
Barry: No. I went with, uh.. Now, this may hurt.
Robbie: Me?!
不是,我和… 你也许会很不好受
Barry: No! (To Rachel) I went with Mindy.
我?不.我和明蒂去了
Rachel: Mindy?! My maid of honour, Mindy?!
我的伴娘明蒂?
Barry: Yeah, well,uh, we're kind of a thing now.
对,我们是认真的
Rachel: Oh! Well,um.. (Grabs his forehand) You've got plugs!
你去做植发了?
Barry: Careful!They haven't quite taken yet.
小心,还不固定
Rachel: And you've got lenses! But you hate sticking your finger in your eye!
你何时配隐形眼镜的?你不是讨厌将手指放进眼睛吗?
Barry: Not for her.Listen, I really wanted to thank you.
还不是为了她. 我真的得感谢你
Rachel: Okay..
Barry: See, about a month ago, I wanted to hurt you. More than I've ever wanted to hurt anyone in my life. And I'm an orthodontist.
一个月前我想伤害你,我从未如此激动过,我是个整牙医师
Rachel: Wow.
Barry: You know,you were right? I mean, I thought we were happy. We weren't happy. But with Mindy, now I'm happy. Spit.
你说得没错,我以为我们会过得很快乐,我们不快乐.但是和明蒂在一起,现在我很快乐.吐掉
Rachel: What?
什么?
Robbie: Me. (Spits.)
是和我说
Rachel: Anyway, um,(Gets the ring out of her purse.) I guess this belongs to you. And thank you for giving it to me.
总之,这东西属于你的.谢谢你送我
Barry: Well, thank you for giving it back.
谢谢你送还给我
(Barry and Rachel look at each other.)
Robbie: Hello?!
[Scene: Carol's OB/GYN,they're still arguing about what to name the baby.]
Susan: Oh, please! What's wrong with Helen?
拜托,海伦有什么不好?
Ross: Helen Geller? I don't think so.
海伦盖勒?不行
Carol: Hello? It's not gonna be Helen Geller.
她不会叫海伦盖勒的
Ross: Thank you!
谢谢!
Carol: No, I mean it's not Geller.
不,我是说她不姓盖勒
Ross: What, it's gonna be Helen Willick?
难道她叫海伦威利克
Carol: No,actually, um, we talked about Helen Willick-Bunch.
老实说,我们考虑用海伦威利克班奇
Ross: Well, wait a minute, wha- why is she in the title?
等等,为何有她的份?
Susan: It's my baby too.
因为她也是我的宝宝
Ross: Oh,'s'funny, really? Um, I don't remember you making any sperm.
是吗?我不记得女人也会制造精子
Susan: Yeah, and we all know what a challenge that is!
我们都知道那是个极大的挑战
Carol: All right,you two, stop it!
够了,你们两个,别吵了
Ross: No no no,she gets a credit, hey, I'm in there too.
不,功劳全让她抢了.我也在场
Carol: Ross. You're not actually suggesting Helen Willick-Bunch-Geller? 'Cause I think that borders on child abuse.
罗斯,你该不会想用海伦威利克班奇盖勒吧?因为这有虐待儿童之嫌
Ross: Of course not, I'm... suggesting Geller-Willick-Bunch.
当然没有,我想用盖勒威利克班奇
Susan: Oh, no,nonononono, you see what he's doing? He knows no-one's gonna say all those names, so they'll wind up calling her Geller, then he gets his way!
绝对不行,你看他,没人会叫她全名的.他知道别人只会叫她盖勒,这样他就得逞了
Ross: My way?!You-you think this is my way? Believe me, of all the ways I ever imagined this moment in my life being, this is not my way- y'know what? Uh, um, this is too hard. I'm not, I can't do-
我得逞?你认为这样算我得逞?相信我,我没想到自己会沦落到这种地步,我是不得已的…
Dr. Oberman: (entering) Knock knock!How are we today? Any nausea?
有人在吗?今天如何,想呕吐吗?
All: Yeah. Yeah.A little.
只是一点点
Dr. Oberman: Well, I was just wondering about the mother-to-be, but.. thanks for sharing. (To Carol) Uh,lie back..
我只是问准妈妈,很感谢你们的分享.躺好
Ross: You- uh-y'know what, I'm gonna go. I don't- I don't think I can be involved in this particular thing right now.
知道吗?我不加入,我认为此时自己无法淌人这浑水
(He turns to go, but the sound of the sonogram catches his ear. He returns and stares at it.)
(他转身走了,但他听到声波图的声音后。他又回来盯着看。)
Ross: Oh my God.
我的天呀
Susan: Look at that.
看啊
Carol: I know.
我知道
[Scene: Monica and Rachel's apartment, everyone is watching the tape of the sonogram. Rachel is on the phone.]
[场景:莫妮卡和瑞秋的公寓,每个人都在看超声波图的磁带。 瑞秋正在打电话。]
Ross: Well? Isn't that amazing?
很神奇吧
Joey: What are we supposed to be seeing here?
我们该看到什么?
Chandler: I don’t know,but.. I think it's about to attack the Enterprise.
不知道,可能是攻击企业号(星舰迷航记)
Phoebe: You know, if you tilt your head to the left, and relax your eyes, it kinda looks like an old potato.
如果你们把头稍微向左偏,两眼放轻松,样子就像是一个颗老马铃薯
Ross: Then don't do that, alright?
那么就不要那么干
Phoebe: Okay!
好的
Ross: (walks over to where Monica is standing) Monica. What do you think?
莫妮卡,你怎么想?
Monica: (welling up)Mm-hmm.
Ross: Wh- are you welling up?
你兴奋吗?
Monica: No.
没有
Ross: You are,you're welling up.
你兴奋起来了
Monica: Am not!
没有
Ross: You're gonna be an aunt.
你马上要做姑姑了
Monica: (pushes him and starts to cry) Oh shut up!
闭嘴
Rachel: (on phone)Hi, Mindy. Hi, it-it's Rachel. Yeah, I'm fine. I-I saw Barry today. Oh, yeah, yeah ·he-he told me. No, no, it's okay. I hope you two are very happy, I really do.Oh, oh, and Mind, y'know, if-if everything works out, and you guys end up getting married and having kids- and everything- I just hope they have his old hairline and your old nose. (Slams the phone down.) (To everyone) Okay, I know it was a cheap shot, but I feel so much better now.
明蒂,我是瑞秋.我很好,我今天和巴瑞见面了.不,他告诉我了,没关系,真的.对,他告诉我了,我诚心祝福你们幸福快乐.如果一切顺利,你们结婚生子,希望你的孩子有他的发际线和你的鼻子.我知道这招很贱,但我感觉好棒
用声波炸出一道光——声致发光
还记得在某头条上偶然看到过一个令人震惊的科学报道《肥皂泡的温度比太阳还要高? 》 ,看到后很是吃惊。默默把这个似乎匪夷所思的冷知识记下来时,良好的批判性思维让我保持了理智。决定亲自查证,果然是我天真,差点就信了。
流言:
在肥皂泡泡突然破裂的一瞬间,它的温度是多少呢?科学家测量了这个温度,结果令他们震惊不已:当液态的肥皂泡猛地收缩破裂时,它内部的温度大约为20000℃,比太阳的表面温度还高4倍。(误)
发生声致发光的装置,中间的蓝色小点就是发光现象 | Credit: Wikimedia Commons
气泡温度高不假,的确有一种泡泡破裂时可以达到上万度,但是这不是肥皂泡,而是水中的空穴在声波作用下内爆的结果。 这个假新闻其实来源是一个十分有趣的自然现象——声致发光 (SBSL)。
神奇的枪虾
提到声致发光,就不得不提到枪虾 。它是一种生活在地中海的生物,虽然没有皮皮虾那么出名,但也很厉害的。
这种家伙长两只螯,一大一小,其中大螯可以长到虾体一半的长度。与对称的小螯不同,大螯有一边不能移动,具有一个空穴;另一边则是一个可移动的,刚好能插入空穴的“活塞”。换句话说,它带了一把高压水枪在身上,枪虾也因此而得名。
大螯的肌肉强壮有力,当“活塞”合上的时候,从空穴中挤出来的水柱速度可达32m/s。快速通过的水柱与周围相对静止的水形成了一个低压空间,低压在水里产生了微小的气泡,紧接着,这些微小气泡在周围水体的压力下会瞬间破裂。
枪虾
气泡破裂发出咔嗒咔的声音,同时,在气泡破裂的一瞬间,周围水体的温度可以达到惊人的近4500℃的高温,十分接近太阳表面的温度(5000多℃),并且会发出极短的一道光。 这就是虚假报道里耸人听闻的那部分。
声致发光
以上现象被叫作声致发光 (Sonoluminescence)。
最先发现这种现象的是德国科隆大学的 H·Frenzel 和 H·Schultes。当时研究者在显影液里放入超声转换器,试图加快显影速度,结果却在底片上看到了大量的微小光斑。他们猜测这和气泡有关,但没有条件深入研究这些光斑是怎么回事,因为气泡存在的时间太短了。
当时是1934年,正是希特勒掌权,由于其他技术不够发达,并没有引起人们关注(也可能是1934年其他的破事太多了= =)。
密微等离子体,被认为是声致发光现象产生的源头 | Credit: UCLA Putterman Research Group
1990年,由美国华盛顿大学 D· F·Gaitan 发现的单泡声致发光现象 (Single bubble sonoluminescence) 引起了广泛讨论,并由美国洛杉矶加州大学 S· J·Putterman 研究小组对这种现象的重要特征进行了测定。
他们的办法是:在高度去气的纯水里,用注入气泡的方法实现单泡声致发光,这是一种稳定的、确定空间位置的、时间同步的,气泡脉动发光过程。只是由于实验条件的限制,没能直接探测到发光气泡内部经历的过程 ,所以当时的解释也是停留在假设的阶段。
声致发光的吸引人之处在于,它本身携带的一些特殊性质,以及它谜一样的产生过程和原理。
直到20世纪末期我们才搞清楚它的基本原理:
当足够强度的声波通过液体的时候,会在液体里产生空穴——可能是本来就有的小气泡,也可能是通过空化作用产生的新泡泡。这和肥皂泡完全是两码事。
气泡破裂发生的声致发光现象 | Credit: Baidu
另一方面,在气泡坍塌过程中,温度的升高导致各种化学反应开始发生。
大多数分子间会彼此反应,反应可以带来能量。在足够高的温度下(比如太阳的温度),水分子会被分解,化学键断裂,能量被吸收。但当这些断裂的化学键重新组合时,它们会释放能量,这时就可能产生轻微的闪光。
现代研究还发现,声致发光产生的光线可以形成连续的光谱,激波 导致的轫致辐射 是目前较多人接受的单泡声致发光机制。这一理论认为,温度和压强的升高是因为气泡内汇聚产生了激波,于是气体分子电离成为等离子体,其中自由电子的热轫致辐射导致了发光。
短暂的高温
关于高温的原因,比较有说服力的应该是2005年自然杂志上 David J. Flannigan and Kenneth S. Suslick 的一篇文章。名字叫做 "Plasma formation and temperature measurement during single-bubble cavitation". Nature 434 (7029): 52–55.
他们在文章开头说单泡声致发光 (SBSL1-5) 是由气泡压缩时产生的极端温度和压力引起的,等离子体的出现触发了发光现象。
太阳各处的开尔文温度,表面温度约为6000K,即5700℃
由于发光时间太短,而且光会被周围的液体吸收,光谱也并不完全。对此 David J. Flannigan 等人开发出了一种奇妙的新办法,他们设法证明了气泡里有等离子态的物质,而其激发能为18电子伏,由此逆推出气泡核心温度接近 20000℃。这就是流言里那个太阳温度的来源,但其实并不是每一个气泡都能达到这个温度。
关于声致发光的应用场景,虽然听着很诱人,例如声化学、量子物理等等,甚至有人提出,如此高的温度(两万摄氏度)可以用来实现核聚变(已被论证过可能性极小)。这种高温持续的时间实在是太短,目前并没有什么实际的应用。
当然,这一切都和肥皂泡毫无关系。
参考资料
1. 维基百科
2. David J. Flannigan and Kenneth S. Suslick 2005 "Plasma formation and temperature measurement during single-bubble cavitation". Nature 434 (7029): 52–55.
3. 声致发光微气泡内稠密等离子体的暗示 清华大学物理系 安宇
来源:牛油果进化论
编辑:井上菌
近期热门文章Top10
↓ 点击标题即可查看 ↓
1. 掉入地下一万米
2. 从前有个学生熬夜迟到了,错把困扰数学家的难题当作业做了出来
3. 原子弹制造指南
4. 吸猫一时爽,一直吸猫一直爽
5. 为什么长时间不洗头,洗的时候搓不出很多泡沫?| No.145
6. 一个大活人,还能让尿活活憋死???
7. 所以,WiFi 和 4G 到底哪个更耗电?
8. 传纸条被发现,一看竟写着...
9. 铅笔上面那块废柴橡皮为什么容易把纸擦破?
10. 一幅图读懂量子力学(薛定谔的猫)
相关问答
【去我家玩好吗用英语怎么说quick,一定要quick!】作业帮[回答]pleasegoandplayinmyhouse,ok?Shallwegotomyhomeforfun?Couldyoucometomyplaceandha...
尼康S9200怎么样?-ZOL问答回复andrisluS9200就像个全能战士,功能强大到飞起。防抖、夜景模式都行云流...7029浏览5回答尼康S9200有哪些优点?1.5万浏览5回答18.5万浏览5回答...
电脑出现a11bootoptionsaretried是什么意思开不开机-ZOL问答allbootoptionsaretried.pressF4keytorecoverwithfactoryimageusingRecoveroranyotherk...
4岁3个月用英语怎么表达_luckystone 7029 _天涯问答_天涯社区[回答]fouryearsandthreemonthsold
英语翻译WehaveacknowledgementofyourletterofJune10offerin...[回答]非常感谢您6月10日按照一般交易条件给我们3000打标的物报价为35美元/件CFRVancouver.很抱歉我们的终端用户发现您的价格远远高于现行市场价格.资...
蓝牙音响肿么一声发出刺耳的电流声-ZOL问答jiandandianhao06充电时候别放歌了充好了再放有用(0)回复LING416问题呢有用(0)回复dsssjeyikgdx电路设计问题吧,要是可以,把图纸发给我看看,,蓝牙...
HeisfeeronSaturdaysandsundays.是什么意思_作业帮[回答]应该是free吧,请楼主再看一下.翻译是:他在周六和周日有时间.
...dbyplaneandvisit……开头是这么写的,谁有全文的?谢谢_作业帮[回答]WhenIlivedinSpain,someSpanishfriendsofminedecidedtovisitEnglandbycar,beforetheyleft,...
紧急求助O.HenryisthepennameofanAmericanshort-storywriter...[回答]O’HenryisthepennameofanAmericanshort-storywriter.HisrealnameisWilliamSidneyPorter.He...
卫生间好小,但是想摆洗衣机、马桶、洗脸池、淋浴房请问要怎么...2020-03-294967029最新回答开发商做的这个方案就不错,卫生间虽然小,但布置...zizzandwzy1天前扩展回答1卫生间长3米3,宽2米1,想安淋浴,坐便,洗脸池,...